Information on Admission to K1 Classes in the 2024-2025 School Year
- Application forms are distributed throughout the year.（No quota）
- The application form can be downloaded from this website or obtained from our school in person.
- Collect the form in person Time: Monday to Friday (10:00 am to 4:00 pm)
- Application forms can be submitted to the school throughout the year .
- Return method: Submit the application form in person, by post or by drop-in mailbox at the school main door [fax or email will not be accepted].
- Return the form in person Time: 10a.m. to 4 p.m. (Mondays to Fridays)
- Together with two self-addressed envelopes and a copy of the child’s Hong Kong birth certificate when submit the application form
- No Application fee.
- Interviews will be conducted in November 2023 . (The exact date and time will be notified by phone and letter）
- We will first arrange with children who have submitted the forms before October 31, 2023
- Interview method: accompanied by parents, group activities and observation（Due to covid-19, a zoom interview will be arranged）
- Admission result: The application result will be notified by post before December 15, 2023.
- Interview performance
- Current N classes students
- The applicant with sibling(s) currently studying in our school will be given due priority consideration
- The applicant from families in need will be given due priority consideration when applying for whole day / long whole day classes
- As the number of school places is limited, please understand that not all applicants fulfilling the priority consideration will be guaranteed a school place.
- Successful applicants: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child from 4 to 6 January 2024 (“Centralised Registration Dates”) by submitting the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission” (hereafter referred to as “RC”) / “Kindergarten Admission Pass” (hereafter referred to as “AP”) to the KG and paying the registration fee.
- Applicants on the waiting list: If there are still availabilities after the 1st round registration, we will contact the applicants by phone. Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child according to the specified date set by school. Parents are required to submit the “RC” / “AP” to the KG and pay the registration fee.
- Please be reminded that if parents cannot submit the “RC” / “AP” during registration, our school may not be able to complete registration for the child. Hence, parents are required to submit application for the registration document to the EDB within the specified period.
- The registration fee for 2024/25 K1 place is HK$1,000. If the child concerned studies in our School, the registration fee will be refunded . Should parents decide to change school after registration, please notify our school in writing. Our school will return the “RC” / “AP” as soon as possible but the registration fee will not be refunded. Upon obtaining the “RC” / “AP”, our school will no longer keep the school place for the child.
- EDB’s website on Admission Arrangements for Nursery (K1) Classes in Kindergartens：
- When interviewing NCS children, interpretation and/or translation service for applicants will be provided where necessary; or parents and children are allowed to be accompanied by a Chinese speaking relative/friend to facilitate communication.
- Enquiry Telephone Number and Email Address for Parents of NCS Children
Tel No: 2462 3856
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Under the kindergarten (KG) education scheme (hereafter referred to as“Scheme”), each child who can receive education in Hong Kong will only be issued a registration document and all Scheme-KGs can only admit students holding a valid registration document.
- Parents are required to submit an application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission”(hereafter referred to as “RC”) to the EDB from September to November The “RC” will be open for applications in September 2023 and the EDB will announce and upload the details of application onto the EDB’s website (http://www.edb.gov.hk/k1-admission_e) in due course.
- Upon receipt of the applications with all necessary information and documents provided, the EDB will generally take six to eight weeks to complete processing of the applications and issue the “RC” to applicants who are eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme by post. If a student cannot obtain an “RC” as he/she can receive education in Hong Kong but is not eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme, the EDB will then issue a “Kindergarten Admission Pass” (hereafter referred to as “AP”) to the student concerned for registration and admission to a Scheme-KG but the parents concerned are required to pay full school fees before deduction of subsidy under the Scheme as shown on the Fees Certificate of the KG to which the child is admitted.
 Upon obtaining permission from the Director of Immigration, non-local children (such as children holding a form of recognizance, children whose parent(s) is/are holding a student visa, etc.) can receive education in Hong Kong but they are not eligible for subsidy under the Scheme
Profile of Kindergartens and Kindergarten-cum-Child Care Centres
《Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui ST. Simon’s Tai Hing Nursery School 》web link：